Updated 21st April 2020
Staying safe and well
The Covid-19 pandemic is having a huge impact on all our lives. For many adoptive families, our group activities are a lifeline, a regular opportunity to meet up with other children and parents and access professional support from our experienced staff. However, the health and safety of our children, families and staff is our top priority, so in the short term, we are changing the way we work.
Staying in touch
CCS staff, now working remotely, remain focused on finding ways to support the vulnerable children and families we work with. These include:
• Continuing to place children with families, where it is safe and practicable to do so
• Regular personal phone/video calls to support families in the early stages of an adoption placement, offering advice and guidance where needed
• A weekly e-newsletter for our Tots families with useful links and tips for adoptive parents, downloadable songs, ideas and simple instructions for therapeutic play activities.
• Weekly interactive music sessions for Tots, Mums and Dads with Andy, our music specialist activity worker (using ZOOM)
• Using ZOOM to enable established groups such as The A-Team (adopted teenagers) and our parents’ support groups to continue meeting with CCS staff facilitating.
• Continuing to provide online resources and support for adoptive families via social media and websites.
We will speak regularly with our adoptive families, listen to your concerns and hear your requests for help and support. We will endeavour to respond creatively and practically in order to give you what you need. We look forward to welcoming you back in person, as soon as it’s safe to do so.
Staying in business
As a registered charity (and voluntary adoption agency) this is an incredibly challenging time for CCS Adoption, as both our income from placements and from charitable sources is likely to reduce. If you would like to help us sustain our vital services and stay close to our adoptive families during this critical time, helping more adoptions to succeed, you can do so easily and securely by making a donation through our website here.
THANK YOU – we are hugely grateful.
Thinking of you all and wishing you well at this uniquely challenging time, from the CCS family.